The A-Z of Information about Palmerston
Welcome to Palmerston District Primary School. We have provided an A-Z of information to assist in a smooth transition to Palmerston Primary School. If you have any further questions, please call the front office on (02) 6205 7241 and they will endeavor to assist you.
The school’s newsletter: The Palmerston Post, outlines current events, important dates and announcements. It is distributed fortnightly via email and is available on the school website.
Parent Code of Conduct
Parents, caregivers and community members are expected to:
- Work in partnership with the school to enhance the learning outcomes and support the well-being and conduct of their child.
- Support education staff in maintaining a safe, secure and respectful learning environment for all students.
- Contribute positively to behaviour, academic and other personalised support plans that relate to their child.
- Act appropriately on Directorate premises and ensure that personal behaviour does not contribute to inappropriate conduct of others.
- Be aware that threatening behaviour and harassment of staff or students is unacceptable.
- Respect and comply with reasonable requests or directions of the principal or other members of staff. See Code of Conduct Brochure
Parents/carers who help in classrooms are a very welcome resource! Please be aware that if you are visiting to help in the classroom then you are required to sign-in at the front office and have a current Working with Vulnerable People card.
Parents and Citizens Association
The P & C plays a vital role in the school. It is the principal forum for parental discussion on educational matters. In addition, funds raised by the P & C are used to purchase items for use in the school.
In the past few years, the P & C have provided air conditioning and IT for Palmerston children. The P&C meets monthly, usually at 7pm, on Mondays in weeks 3 and 9 of school terms.
Our school motto is "Together we learn from each other". All the members of our school community - students, their parents and staff- are encouraged to work together to make a contribution to the life of our school.
Palmerston District Primary School strives to promote a quality learning program that recognises the uniqueness of each child. We support and challenge our students to achieve to the best of their ability and we foster a passion for lifelong learning.
We believe that every child has the right to work, play and learn, every teacher has the right to teach, and every parent has the right to feel welcome and participate within a friendly, safe and supportive environment.
We work to create a positive, non-adversarial climate in the school, where students, teachers and parents work together to assist in solving problems in a creative, supportive and non-threatening manner.
Policies & Documents
Our specific school procedures are available on our website: Palmerston District Primary School website