Welcome to the Palmerston P&C
Hello Palmerston Community,
My name is Helen Ritchie and I am your P&C President for 2021. Although I held the position last year, I am really excited to have a ‘proper’ go at it this year.
P&C Meetings - Welcome to Palmerston P&C. Our committee meetings are held on Monday of week 3 and week 9 of each term (7.00pm in the staff room). We welcome and warmly encourage new parents to the P&C. Being a member is a great way to contribute to and be part of your child’s schooling. Please come along and find out what the P&C is all about.
2021 P&C Positions are held by the following:
- President - Helen Ritchie
- Vice President - Kate Baron
- Secretary – Lina Haines
- Assistant secretary - Calli Bowyer
- Treasurer - Jenni Palombi
- Assistant Treasure – Seikhtaw Nonhongsar
- Fundraising Officer – Janelle Hunter
- Public Officer - Jacqueline Cooke
- Second Hand Clothing Shop Coordinator – JamiiLee Evans
- Scholastic Book Club Coordinator – Janelle Hunter
- P&C Council Delegate: Sharryn Clayton
- Cultural Integrity Representative: Monica Harland
- Sustainability Representative: Sharron Clayton
- Volunteer coordinator: VACANT
- Newsletter & Communication: VACANT
We are so excited to bring to the committee two new roles, Monica as our cultural Integrity rep, so we can include indigenous culture in a genuine and respectful way, and Sharryn as our sustainability rep, so we ensure that all we plan and create is done so with the least amount of impact on our environment as possible.
If anyone would be interested in helping out as a volunteer coordinator or has a passion for compiling newsletters or social media content, please email me at email@example.com and we can have a chat.
This year is going to be great! We have some great plans to create events to help bring our community back together, while creating an inclusive, collaborative, welcoming and fun environment.
Keep an eye out on your My School Connect app (that we use for the canteen) as we will be bringing the 2nd uniform shop, raffles, and volunteering platforms to the one place to make it easier for you and your family.
I love walking around at pick up time and having a chat, and I can’t wait to work with all the great families we have here at Palmerston.
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have something you want to chat about.