Welcome to Palmerston District Primary School
Palmerston District Primary School is situated at the entrance of the Gungahlin District and was opened in 1995. The school celebrates all families and the contributions they make to our community. We currently have 805 students in classes from Preschool to Year 6. We teach Japanese as our additional language in Years 3-6, and Cultural Integrity- Indigenous Studies for our K-2 students.
We are a PBL (Positive Behaviours for Learning) school, a place where being safe, respectful learners shapes our day. Our values are: Participation, Respect, Integrity, Determination, Empathy (PRIDE). The PRIDE values can be seen at the entrance to our school and both PBL and PRIDE are visible in all learning environments. ‘Palmy’ is our PBL mascot, and delights our students whenever he appears for celebrations and special events.
Palmerston Primary strives to promote inclusive, quality learning environments, where each child is at the centre of learning. We support and challenge all students to achieve to the best of their abilities and we celebrate their successes.
In 2022, we pledge to our students:
Dear students of Palmerston,
We want for you, the freedom to be whatever you can dream…
- Expect the best of us.
- We will expect the best of you.
- It is time to think differently and act co-operatively to unite around kindness and be the solution.
- Have empathy for the circumstances of others.
- Have a sense of optimism about the future.
- Show the world your genius and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Be open minded and imagine what is possible.
- We will guide you.
- We will support you.
- We will challenge you.
- We will celebrate your achievements with you.
From All teachers of Palmerston Primary.